PLEASE NOTE: Apple has notified us that upcoming iOS® updates may break this app. Phonics with Phonograms is now free in the App Store, but it is unsupported, and we are unable to guarantee its future availability.
For newer phonogram practice resources, checkout our interactive Phonogram Chart and our eLearning courses. [June 2020]
Phonics with Phonograms is an iOS app that was developed by Logic of English. It is available for iPhone and iPad and is sold on the Apple App Store. The app, designed as an optional supplement to LOE curriculum and as a resource for all students, can be be used by anyone who wants to learn or practice the phonograms.
About the Phonics with Phonograms App:
A fun, effective phonics recognition game that provides a complete picture of the phonograms needed to read and spell, eliminating thousands of "exceptions"!
Students HEAR the sound, SEE the phonogram, and TOUCH the matching card.
- 10 guided levels to teach the 74 phonograms needed to read and spell 98% of English words.
- Create a custom play list for each student by choosing lowercase, uppercase, single-letter and multi-letter phonograms to review.
- Track individual progress and mastery for multiple students.
- Use the simple flashcard mode for quick review.
- See at a glance which phonograms have been mastered.
- An ageless design that is loved by young children and adults alike.
- Designed to accompany Logic of English curriculum and materials.
- May be used to supplement other Orton-Gillingham based programs or to help any student learn the English phonograms.
- Works on iPad, iPhone, and iPod Touch in both portrait and landscape mode.