Any Foundations C Teacher's Manual may be used with any Foundations C Workbook. There have been some updates and additions to the C Teacher's Manual, and those with a 1st Edition may find it helpful to update to a newer version to take advantage of the new content, but the changes do not affect workbook compatibility. Details about the changes are listed below.
Edition History: Foundations C Teacher's Manual
Edition 1: Published in 2013. 264 pages. This teacher's manual directs you to find the Readers in the back of the workbook, but it works equally well with the newer format of the workbook (in which the Readers are sold separately rather than included as tear-outs in the back).
Edition 2: Published in 2018. 284 pages. This edition is a major update with significant new content. It provides more reading comprehension and spelling practice, using the Miles and Jax children's fiction books we published in 2017. The new content does not use workbook pages, so workbook compatibility is not affected.
- Eight bonus "Miles and Jax" lessons, with comprehension questions and activities for our new Miles and Jax chapter books (published in 2017), plus spelling games and composition activities related to the Miles and Jax chapter students read.
- The phonogram es.
- Prompts to read Knitting Knights: Beyond the Sounds of ABC as students learn each new phonogram.
- We clarified and simplified instructions for several activities where we felt that the level of challenge rose too quickly or the level of mastery expected was unclear.
Edition 3: Published in 2019. 328 pages.
- Lesson content has no significant updates from the 2nd Edition.
- Expanded Scope & Sequence table in the introduction includes all the skills that are covered in each lesson.
- Relabeled section headers within each lesson more clearly highlight the specific skills students are learning.