Any Foundations B Teacher's Manual may be used with any Foundations B Workbook. There have been some updates and additions to the B Teacher's Manual over time, but they do not affect workbook compatibility. Details about the changes are listed below.
Edition History: Foundations B Teacher's Manual
Edition 1: Published in 2013. 248 pages. This teacher's manual directs you to find the Readers in the back of the workbook, but it works equally well with the newer format of the workbook (in which the Readers are sold separately rather than included as tear-outs in the back).
Edition 2: Published in 2018. 256 pages. No significant changes or additions to lesson content from the 1st Edition. Includes the following updates:
- Adds prompts to read Whistling Whales: Beyond the Sounds of ABC as students learn each new phonogram.
- Adds the fifth sound of the phonogram ou.
Edition 3: Published in 2019. 292 pages. Still compatible with any Foundations workbook, but adds more reading practice and comprehension than was included in the earlier editions. Additions and updates include:
- Young Artist Series Readers. These eight additional readers for Foundations B, published in 2018, are now scheduled in the lessons. We have added reading comprehension dialogue for these additional readers into the lesson scripting.
- Expanded reading comprehension questions for the original Foundations B Readers.
- Expanded Scope & Sequence table in the introduction that includes all the skills that are covered in each lesson.
- Relabeled section headers within each lesson that more clearly highlight the specific skills students are learning.