Some games in the Logic of English Game Book do not require any materials.
Others need only paper, pencils, and/or master templates found in the back of the book. Some games require the use of simple household items.
However, many of the games also require one or more resources from Logic of English.
Logic of English materials used in the games
The following Logic of English resources are used in many of the Game Book games. You can purchase these items individually or in a discounted Game Book Complete Set.
- Phonogram Game Cards - Used in all of the phonogram card games, as well as many of the active phonogram games and phonogram board games and several spelling games. Most games require two matching decks per player or small group.
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards - Used in many phonogram games. Also, a helpful resource for teaching and learning the phonograms, as they list all the sounds and sample words on the back.
- Student Whiteboard - Used in dozens of phonogram, handwriting, reading, and spelling games.
- Phonogram Game Tiles - Used in over a dozen spelling games, phonogram, and phonemic awareness games.
- Game Book Expansion Pack - A set of eight different full-color, reusable game boards for use with the Game Book board games. The boards have a laminate coating designed for dry-erase markers so you can choose phonograms or words to practice. Some board games in the Game Book are designed for use with one of these boards, while others can be played with one of the reproducible black-and-white master templates found in the appendix.
Household Items used in the games
Many games in this book call for the use of one or more common household or classroom items. For example, a game might call for:
- crayons or colored pencils
- paint and paintbrushes
- sand or salt
- index cards
- construction paper
- game pieces
- magazine pictures
- paper clips
- toy trains, cars, and animals
- pennies or tokens
- basket or bucket
- masking tape