You'll need the following items. All required materials are included in one of the Foundations sets (except the children's literature set used in D, which is sold separately).
One per level A-D:
- Foundations Teacher’s Manual
- Foundations Student Workbook - consumable; one per student
- Foundations Readers (In student workbook for level A. Sold separately for levels B, C, and D - one per student recommended, or one for every two to share with a partner)
One-time purchase for all levels (reusable materials):
- Basic Phonogram Flash Cards
- Phonogram and Spelling Rule Quick Reference
- Spelling Analysis Quick Reference
- Rhythm of Handwriting Tactile Cards - Manuscript or Cursive
- Rhythm of Handwriting Quick Reference - Manuscript or Cursive
- LOE Student Whiteboard - one per student
- Phonogram Game Cards - set of two decks needed per four students
- Phonogram Game Tiles - one per student recommended, or one for every two to share with a partner
Additional level-specific materials
- Level A:
- Level B:
- Level C:
- Level D:
The following items are also nice to have, but they are not required. Since they are optional, these items are not included in the Foundations sets.
- Doodling Dragons ABC Songs
- Phonics with Phonograms App for iPad/iPod/iPhone by Logic of English - available at iTunes
- Sandpaper Letters (may be used instead of Tactile Cards if desired - helpful for young children, since the sturdy boards stand up to lots of play)
- Grammar Flash Cards - used in Level D. You can purchase a set if you would like, or download a free PDF of only the cards used in D lessons: Grammar Flash Cards: excerpts for Foundations D.
- Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards - used in Level D. You can purchase a set if you would like, or download a free PDF of only the cards used in D lessons: Advanced Phonogram Flash Cards: excerpts for Foundations D.
- Cursive or Manuscript Desk Strip
- Cursive or Manuscript Classroom Wall Strip